Whether you’re a seasoned social entrepreneur or simply interested in social impact issues, there are a number of social entrepreneurship blogs and podcasts featuring companies and individuals who are doing work that matters and making an impact in their communities and industries. From the latest research to best practices to real-life examples, there are hundreds of resources out there to satisfy your “do good” mentality. Here are a handful of our favorites:
1. Sum and Substance – Sum and Substance shares stories of professionals who LOVE their jobs because they’ve found meaning and purpose in them. This podcast reminds you to trust your intuition, not be afraid of failure, staying committed to your values and always finding opportunities to improve.
2. Devin Thorpe: Your Mark on the World – Devin describes himself as a champion of social good. On his podcast, he interviews entrepreneurs, CEOs, celebrities, and impact investors about how to make the world a better place.
3. Inspired Impact – (Shameless plug.) Our own blog series gives a voice to purpose-driven organizations and leaders making an impact in their communities and industries. We feature two individuals per week who talk about their mission, inspiration, challenges and opportunities to serve others and make a difference.
4. Built on Purpose – The Built On Purpose podcast highlights organizations that live out their company missions every day. Host Brian Mohr digs deeps to help his guests tell their stories in a way they is memorable, inspiring and a good reminder for us all, to never forget why you started your business in the first place.
5. Mashable’s Social Good – Mashable’s Social Good channel provides news and resources on social impact, activism, philanthropy and world-changing innovation for the digital generation.
6.Innov8 Social – Movers and shakers in the corporate, entrepreneurial, nonprofit and social enterprise worlds tell their stories of how they’re making a difference and positively disrupting the world of business. All kinds of industries are represented from media to law to technology to listeners can get out of their own heads and learn how others are pursuing good and achieving a profit. The podcast is hosted by founder and author, Neetal Parekh.
7. NPR Social Entrepreneurs – Featuring innovators who are taking business-like approaches to solving social problems.
8. Social Enterprise – Hosted by Rupert Scofield, author of The Social Entrepreneur’s Handbook, this podcast features interviews with established entrepreneurs who offer insights into how to start, build and run a social enterprise.
9. Social Entrepreneur – Social Entrepreneur is dedicated to sharing the stories of early-stage entrepreneurs. It’s not easy for any business person, new or seasoned to start and maintain a business they love, which is why this podcast features leaders and inspiring business people who are successfully running their business and making a positive impact in their communities. If you’re thinking about starting your own business or social enterprise, this podcast is for you!
10. Echoing Green – From topics on leadership, impact investing and entrepreneurship, Echoing Green’s blog features social impact leaders dedicated to creating lasting social change around the globe by addressing economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more.
11. Do Good Better – Whether you’re a nonprofit leader or social innovator, Do Good Better’s host Trina Isakson can help you learn from the mistakes and successes of others in her podcast. She discusses trends and issues facing social innovators, social entrepreneurs, socially responsible businesses, and nonprofit leaders. From topics about innovation to corporate social responsibility to board governance and volunteerism, Trina helps leaders adapt to change during difficult times.
12.The Changemaker Podcast – Each week, Andréa Ranae chats with visionary leaders, entrepreneurs and changemakers who are making a difference through their life and work.
We hope these resources give you the inspiration, education and motivation to continue making positive change in the world using your business as a catalyst to do good and make an impact.
Rhiannon Hendrickson is the founder and CEO of Orapin Marketing + Public Relations, which helps purpose-driven businesses increase visibility, expand the reach of their message, and become sought-after industry leaders. She has worked with organizations of all sizes across myriad sectors to develop memorable and effective communications programs that generate awareness, engagement, and, ultimately, support for those that are making a meaningful impact.